AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Mentor
engrtech
Message 1 of 2 (134 Views)

Alignment and Profile from Corridor Not Working Correctly

134 Views, 1 Replies
10-09-2013 02:24 PM

Here's a strange one. For an intersection, I am trying to create an alignment and profile from the Lane (edge of traveled way) of my main road for the intersection lanes to tie to. I just did this yesterday on this same corridor without any issue, but today it doesn't create the alignment correctly. It doesn't actually follow the feature line that I select. The alignment is in orange and the green line is the lane line. Notice that the alignment isn't following the lane line. 

alignment_from_corridor_not_working.png

What would cause this? It worked fine doing the exact same thing yesterday, but today it's not. 

IDSP 2015
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
8GB RAM
Valued Mentor
engrtech
Message 2 of 2 (102 Views)

Re: Alignment and Profile from Corridor Not Working Correctly

10-10-2013 08:07 AM in reply to: engrtech

I've found out that this only affects the portion of the corridor that is in an alignment curve. I also found out that I can make a feature line out of the Lane corridor feature line and it works correctly, but an alignment will not. The only thing I've changed is that the alignment now has superelevation applied to it. Before I applied superelevation the alignment (and profile) from corridor worked fine. 

Is this yet another bug in 2014 that wasn't present before? 

IDSP 2015
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
8GB RAM
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.