Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment and Profile from Corridor Not Working Correctly

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Cadguru42
444 Views, 1 Reply

Alignment and Profile from Corridor Not Working Correctly

Here's a strange one. For an intersection, I am trying to create an alignment and profile from the Lane (edge of traveled way) of my main road for the intersection lanes to tie to. I just did this yesterday on this same corridor without any issue, but today it doesn't create the alignment correctly. It doesn't actually follow the feature line that I select. The alignment is in orange and the green line is the lane line. Notice that the alignment isn't following the lane line. 

alignment_from_corridor_not_working.png

What would cause this? It worked fine doing the exact same thing yesterday, but today it's not. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Cadguru42
in reply to: Cadguru42

I've found out that this only affects the portion of the corridor that is in an alignment curve. I also found out that I can make a feature line out of the Lane corridor feature line and it works correctly, but an alignment will not. The only thing I've changed is that the alignment now has superelevation applied to it. Before I applied superelevation the alignment (and profile) from corridor worked fine. 

Is this yet another bug in 2014 that wasn't present before? 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report