Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment and Profile from Corridor Feature Line

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
lockenest
2361 Views, 6 Replies

Alignment and Profile from Corridor Feature Line

I am creating alignments and profiles of the edge of pavement, along curb returns, based on a corridor feature line created from an alignment and profile of the curb return top of curb.

I have done about 12 returns with no problem, but I have one return that when I use the Alignment from Corridor command it creates an alignment that does not follow the feature line.  instead of the 36.5' radius it is suppose to have, it has a 172.71' radius.

I have attached a pic of a good return which has the same delta as the bad return.  The blue line in the bad pic is the alignment it created.

I was wondering if anyone else has run acrossed this and if there is a fix.

Thanks,

Dave

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: lockenest

Shot in the dark:Mid ordinate setting?

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
lockenest
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Joe,

I'm not sure what setting I would need to change, but the corridor feature lines created before and after this one have all worked fine.  I have deleted this corridor and recreated it with the same results. 

I have compared the top of curb alignment and profile settings for this return with the others and I cannot find any settings that are different.

I tried creating the alignment and unchecked the profile option and it still created the wrong alignment.

So the work around was to manually move the bad alignment to the correct location and use that alignment to create a profile from the corridor surface.  Good enough.

I think this curb return is just unhappy with being on the wrong side of the street.

Thanks,

Dave Locke

C3D 2011

Message 4 of 7
DAVIDFAN

I have a similar situation, any solutions?

Message 5 of 7
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: DAVIDFAN

I missed this back in  2012. When generating the corridor FL clear the check box for smoothing. Odd but I have found not using "Smoothing" the FL is true to the corridor

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
DAVIDFAN
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, creating a feature line from the corridor is OK, but I want an alignment and a profile from a corridor feature line.
Here may be an alternative solution, can I convert a feature line to an alignment and a profile?
Message 7 of 7
DAVIDFAN

Found the alternative solution. Create a 3d pline from corridor, then quick profile from the 3d pline. Export this quick profile to XML and then import the XML. It works perfect.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report