AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*Brian Hailey
Message 1 of 3 (60 Views)

Alignements that turn back on themselves.

60 Views, 2 Replies
04-23-2004 07:01 AM
Hello all, I've been trying to create an alignment by layout but haven't been able to create it yet. I was wondering if this is capable with Civil3D or not. I've attached an image that shows what I'm trying to do. Thanks, Brian
*Rad Lazic
Message 2 of 3 (60 Views)

Re: Alignements that turn back on themselves.

04-24-2004 09:11 PM in reply to: *Brian Hailey
Brian, Without trying to reproduce it, and as far as I can understand the question: When creating curve segments, the software asks you to specify if the turning angle is greater than 180 degrees. This is at the command prompt at that time ("behind the front stage") - so may have been missed and the default value is naturally "Less than 180deg". Your case from the image shows that it's greater than 180deg so that may be the reason for it not creating the alignment. HTH Regs Rad "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:408921b2$1_1@newsprd01... > Hello all, > > I've been trying to create an alignment by layout but haven't been able to > create it yet. I was wondering if this is capable with Civil3D or not. > I've attached an image that shows what I'm trying to do. > > Thanks, > > Brian > > > --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.668 / Virus Database: 430 - Release Date: 24/04/2004
*Brian Hailey
Message 3 of 3 (60 Views)

Re: Alignements that turn back on themselves.

04-26-2004 07:02 AM in reply to: *Brian Hailey
Hi Rad, Thanks for the reply. I was able to figure it out. I think the problem I was having was in determining where the angle points were to go. Brian
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.