Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After drape an image on surface the quality of image decrease

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
nimadadgar57
1148 Views, 4 Replies

After drape an image on surface the quality of image decrease

I have a High Res Map, but after i Drape it on surface and use Realistic Visual style the quality is so poor.

I think it's because of  Realistic Visual style, is there any were to adjust the quality of draped image? or is it possible to adjust it with material tools?

Nima Dadgar, Sogea Satom Co.

C3D 2012,

AMD phenom II 3.4GHZ 6 core CPU,

16 GB RAM DDR5,

60GB SSD + 1000GB HDD
NVidia Quadro 4000 running driver version 276.14 without Performance driver

Win 7 64-bit professional,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nimadadgar57
in reply to: nimadadgar57

The format of my image was Tif, i converted it to Jpg but the result is same. poor quality after drape the image on surface. 

Message 3 of 5
NathanBee

Try rendering it. That is the output you should be looking for instead of a screenshot of a 3D Orbit.

Good luck.

Message 4 of 5
thepworth

I get similar results with both TIF and .SID imagery using the MAP FDO connections to drape through C3D,  

I find I have somewhat limited success with another program (Global Mapper) but it has other limitations regarding the dem and image resolutions that I wouldn't say it's a satisfactory alternate to what we're looking for.

Please update if you have success.  I was thinking of expanding my SID into TIF tiles (global mapper) but i'm looking at an entire county and the darn TIF tiles ended up at 29GB (yup gb)....

Thanks Much,

Todd Hepworth

Message 5 of 5
vladicivil3d
in reply to: thepworth

I use civil view for drape image, also you can configurate the 3ds max.

Vlad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report