Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerial mapping to Civil 3d Surface

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rfg018
378 Views, 1 Reply

Aerial mapping to Civil 3d Surface

I'm research this topic.

From my aerial mapping company I get an a Aerial Topo and Coutour/spot elev in Autocad.

I then takle the controur/spot elev  to create a Surface (TIN). I then edit the surface until I my contours matches the countours on aerial topo.  The problem is at sharp turn in the contour, the sufure want to cut accross, so I have to add points.  Also I think I'm dupication the work.

I think my Aerial mapping company is using a software call Datum.

My questions, is anyone getting an Autocad Civil 3d surface from their Aerial Mapping Company, if so what is the format?  

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rl_jackson
in reply to: rfg018

In general Aerial Mapping companies dont us C3D.

You should request the following. Unless its been provided.

Generally they have a drawing that is strictly breaklines and points, you need that so that you can covert there breaklies to C3D Breaklines. Also you might request an ascii file of the points (spot grades) so that you dont have to convert them and you can just reference the file in your surface without actually having any of the points in the drawing, then just use the planmetrics as a xref.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report