AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
wkiernan
Message 1 of 4 (119 Views)

AeccEditAllPoints does nothing at all

119 Views, 3 Replies
10-09-2013 03:25 PM

The people I work for have inflicted a copy of Civil3d 2012 on me, because they hate me and want me to go mad.  I am attempting to look at some Cogo Points in a drawing but when I use the "List Points" command, which appears to be called "_AeccEditAllPoints", nothing happens.  I am sure, however, that there are AECC_COGO_POINT entities in this drawing, because I can select one of them and use the LIST command and there it is.  I have even opened a drawing with Softdesk POINT blocks in it, and converted them to COGO Points, but the "List Points" command still does nothing at all.  Is this a known bug or is this the way this accursed piece of software is supposed to work?

*Expert Elite*
Jay_B
Message 2 of 4 (109 Views)

Re: AeccEditAllPoints does nothing at all

10-09-2013 04:49 PM in reply to: wkiernan
Take a look at the Prospector on Toolspace, Point groups "_All Points" Point Group.
On the Summary Tab it will display the total points in this point group which should be the same as the total points in the dwg. Move to the points tab and see the point list.
Jay

C3D 2014 SP2
Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Distinguished Mentor
andrewpuller3811
Message 3 of 4 (94 Views)

10-09-2013 06:18 PM in reply to: wkiernan

What about Edit/List Points? (aecceditpoints)

Run the command

Choose all

Panorama pallete should pop up with all the points in the drawing

To get to this command, go to the Modify tab -> Points -> COGO Point tab -> Edit/List Points on the Modify panel

Also in the Toolbox of the Toolspace, there are various reports that list the points in various formats, txt, csv, doc, xls, html and pdf.

If this fixed your issue, click on "Accept as Solution"

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 2600 @ 3.40 GHz with 16GB Ram
Civil 3d 2013 64bit
Employee
peterfunkautodesk
Message 4 of 4 (70 Views)

10-10-2013 10:32 AM in reply to: andrewpuller3811

Also make sure the "Panorama" window isn't set to "Auto-Hide". If it is, then the points will be added to the window but you won't see them until you hover over the bar.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!