Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AECC Alignment to "Free Segment" Alignment

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mcloughlin
1250 Views, 4 Replies

AECC Alignment to "Free Segment" Alignment

I'm working with an alignment imported from an LDD topographic drawing.  It appears in C3D 2014 as an "AECC alignment" when listed.  Presumably, there's a way to induce this alignment to work like a "free segment" alignment, in which each segment is dependent upon its conjoiner and tangencies are maintained when endpoints of segments are moved. 

So.  Is it possible to convert this "AECC alignment" to a "free segment alignment" in C3D?

Thank you for your help. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: mcloughlin

After importing the laignment from Land Desktop, pick the alignment and go to Geometry Editor. Turn on the Sub-entity Editor. Pick the Pick Sub-entity button and select a curve. In the Sub-entity editor window, change the Tangency Constraint where appropriate.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 5
mcloughlin
in reply to: tcorey

So.

After importing the AECC alignment from Land Desktop, I pick the alignment and go to Geometry Editor. I turn on the Sub-entity Editor and pick the Pick Sub-entity button, and I see what is shown in the appended JPG.  And that's all I see.  What am I missing.

Message 4 of 5
wfberry

Here is what I would do.  Assuming you can explode the alignment down to lines and arcs.  Drag the arcs to the side for reference.  Use the Fillet = 0(zero) to make all lines connet at their P.I.  Now pedit to one polyline and use Civil 3D to change to an alignment.  Use Civil 3D to add curves and you are done.

Bill

Message 5 of 5
tcorey

Once you have the parameters dialog up, you have to go back to the toolbar and pick the Select Sub-entity button. Once you have pressed that button, you go to the drawing and select the curve you want to modify. Its values will now populate the dialog. 

You don't need to explode anything. Civil 3D has the tools to do what you ask without doing that.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report