Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aec Convert Linework to Mask Block & Linetype Generation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
aed13civil
1978 Views, 3 Replies

Aec Convert Linework to Mask Block & Linetype Generation

Hello,

On Profile views, the _AECCONVERTLINEWORKTOMASKBLOCK command does work to mask profiles.  However it appears to disable linetype generation for any profiles masked (ie, dashed ex gr profiles don't retain their dashes across vertices).  This is extrememly annoying.  Does anyone have a fix?

Thanks very much

Alex

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
randyspear6624
in reply to: aed13civil

I'm having the same issue but only in one file. it works elsewhere. 

Message 3 of 4
tyronebk
in reply to: randyspear6624

I don't believe CONVERTLINEWORKTOMASKBLOCK is a supported command. I'd be surprised if you have gotten linetype generation to work as it has always removed linetype generation from masked objects (unless something has changed in 2014). Masking also turns all text for a masked object to the TXT style -- just apply the mask to a profile view and pay attention to the station and elevation text.

Until Autodesk adds the ability to mask profiles (like alignments), some options are to only mask profiles with a continuous linetype, create your sampled profiles with different station ranges and leave a gap through the area you don't want it to show, or apply a hide boundary to the surface through the mask area.

Message 4 of 4
david.zavislan
in reply to: aed13civil

If you don't have too many gaps to create, you could achieve this by using multiple profile view overlaid on top of each other.  Use one main view for the grid and design profiles, then place shorter views, with only the dashed existing ground profile, over the top.  Set the station range of the shorter views to be the regions where you want to display the profile.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report