Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding retaining walls and curbs to surface

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
LMartin88
2279 Views, 2 Replies

Adding retaining walls and curbs to surface

Hello,

I am having a lot of trouble adding retaining walls to my surface. I also have to add the curbs of parking lot.

I already have the surface. However I need to tell Civil3D to stop the contours at the retaing walls and not to try to tie them in to anything else. The closest I got was using wall breaklines and I got the top of the retaining wall to have the desired elevation. However, all the contours going to the retainig wall try to go around it and tie in to something else. This ends up creating weird contours and crazy slopes. 

Now for curbs, how do I tell Civil3D to jump 6" when it reaches the curb line??

Any and all help is much apreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Lucas Martin

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Nik-D
in reply to: LMartin88

Your best bet is to use feature lines as it soulds like you have been doing. Remember to offset the feature lines slightly for the flowline and top of curb as you cannot have two breaklines having the same (x,y) coordinates. I never use the retaining wall subassemblies I rather use feature lines. Similarly for parking lots.

HTH

Message 3 of 3
odoshi
in reply to: LMartin88

I use feature lines / figures to define all curbs, flowlines and other grade breaks. Also, have a look at the Stepped Offset command in the Feature Lines menu. It is a 3D offset that you can use on feature lines to go from bottom face of curb to top face of curb, with a .005 horizontal offset and a .5' vertical offset.

Mike Caruso

White Mountain CAD

Carlson Software Developer 2008 - 2010

Softdesk/Autodesk Civil Team member 1996 - 2008

C3D Know-it-all, LDT Guru and all around nice guy

www.whitemountaincad.com

Mike Caruso
Autodesk Certified Instructor 2014
AutoCAD/Civil 3D Autodesk Certified Professional 2014, 2015, 2018
www.whitemountaincad.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report