AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
beacivil1
Message 11 of 14 (310 Views)

Re: Adding profile elevations to alignment labels

11-28-2012 07:50 AM in reply to: tr4driver

I've had some users ask me to provide some screen shots of how you go about this, so after a hiatus from the discussion forums, I'm back to post this- hope it helps.  This is done with Civil 3d 2010, so not sure how the newer versions are handling it.

First you need to modify your alignment major and minor alignment labels and/or create new ones to use a Profile Reference Text as part of the label.  We only show majors, so that is all I modified.

Style01.png

Continue with:

Style02.png

Once you have style set up like you like, then you apply the labels to your alignment.  Again, we just show majors, so that is what I showed here.  The KEY here is to follow step one of the picture below.  I'm using Civil 3d 2010, so with that version you have to hold down the control key while you window select all your labels.  Then procede to properties window and change the pulldown to just your individual labels selected.  Pick green box (not shown in pic) and follow prompt in command bar.

AssignProf-01.png

After that, you should see the below result.  Note- if you adjust your profile (drag vpi's, ect), these alignment labels update in real time.

AssignProf-02.png

Hope this helps those that are stuck, especially if you are stuck with the ??? in your labels.  I have read somewhere else where the profile association can get lost or the labels do not update when you edit your profile.  I have yet to experience it, so I'm not sure what to do other than to re-label your alignment.

-Bryan

Bryan_S
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
3.60 GHz AMD FX-4100 Quad-Core 64bit / 6gig ram
Nvidia Gforce 9600 GT O.C.
patriciasilvaferreira
Message 12 of 14 (130 Views)

03-16-2014 10:36 AM in reply to: tr4driver

Hello, i tried to do the same on 2014 (but for minor stations). I created the new label style, choosing "reference text" and changed his contents to "profile elevation" (as you showed).
All went well until i start doing the second part: when i select the "minor station label group" i'm not able to see the info about "reference text objects", and so i cant do the next steps...anyone can explain me the problable cause? Thanks a lot!

*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 13 of 14 (124 Views)

03-16-2014 11:52 AM in reply to: patriciasilvaferreira

Hi! Welcome to the forums, Patricia!

Are you holding down the CTRL key when selecting the labels? I just tested this in 2014 with minor station labels and it works perfectly.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
patriciasilvaferreira
Message 14 of 14 (119 Views)

03-16-2014 12:00 PM in reply to: Jeff_M

i just select objects by picking on then, but without control button pressed and the result was no quit the same... now its working like it should! thanks a lot for your fast and great help!

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.