Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Pressure Pipes

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
caleyjag
279 Views, 2 Replies

Adding Pressure Pipes

Hi guys,

I've been reading over the forum to see how people are using pressure pipes in C3D, and I was looking into creating my own catalog for work we do here.

I've been able to publish and then import valves, flange adaptors etc. with no problem, but if I create a flanged (metric) pipe using the Content Catalog Editor and then draw the pipe in C3D it shows blank ends, no flanges. I've split the pipe in the drawing to see if that forces flanges to appear, but nothing.

Are flanges something that just won't show? Do I need to create the flanges seperately and then add them to the end of pipes?

I'm using Civil 3D 2013 if that's any help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rjairath
in reply to: caleyjag

you have to create flange item in the catalog, i put mine under the coupling category

Thank you for reading,

Win7 64bit Pro
Xeon E5-1620 v2, 3.70GHz, 32GB Ram

Please mark solution found if this post solved your issue or give kudos when appropriate.

Message 3 of 3
BrianHailey
in reply to: caleyjag

Pipes will not show a connector, you'll have to add that as a fitting as mentioned already.

Additionally, if you are going to use pressure networks, I would HIGHLY recommend you upgrade to 2014. There is no way to data reference pressure networks in 2013. And, there's some additional functionality in 2014.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report