Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding pipes with content catalog editor C3D 2014

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
cwright
531 Views, 5 Replies

adding pipes with content catalog editor C3D 2014

I have successfully added ductile iron pipes using the content catalog editor.  I did this via "Import Part", "Without .CONTENT file"...

I did this because I needed to add 42"-64" sizes.  It appears to have worked fine... but more testing is underway.

My concern is that for the new pipes I have no preview for the new pipes in the editor.  To illustrate:

Here is what one of the existing pipe records shows:

dip36cce.PNG

Here is what one of the new pipe records shows:

dip42cce.PNG

I noticed that the DWG and IMG directories that correspond to me SQLLite database name contain drawings and images named the same as the PID for existing pipes/records but the new ones do not have corresponding dwg's or png's.     Does this matter?  If so how can I create and get them linked?

Thanks for any help.

Chris

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cwright
in reply to: cwright

failed to mention I am talking pressure piping here... should have included in subject line.
Message 3 of 6
saifumk8

I have same question. Did you manage to solve this issue, if so please share it here.

Thanks in Advance.

Message 4 of 6
saifumk8

I found solution myself, steps are below.

1. Show Part Family ID column
image.png

2. Copy Part Family ID

ced02.png

3. Create a .png file with name as the copied ‘part family ID’ and close and reopen Content catalog editor.image.png

Message 5 of 6
lynn_zhang
in reply to: saifumk8

Hi @saifumk8 

Glad to hear you found a way to fix the problem and thanks so much for sharing the solution! This will benefit other users in the community with the same issue.

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 6 of 6
rayza.134134

¿Cómo creaste las tuberías? , realicé los pasos que muestran en los foros, y cuando dibujo en el civil 3d no aparece la línea,de tubería, por favor puede indicarme los pasos que siguió para adicionar las tuberías. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report