Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding pipes in profile view - I don't want them all!!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
peter_thomson
258 Views, 7 Replies

Adding pipes in profile view - I don't want them all!!

Hi All,

Pardon my ignorance here.

I have a sewer pipe network, some pipes in the network are laterals.
When I want to design a lateral, I only want to see the lateral pipes in the profile view.....so i make a profile view off the lateral alignment, and select the lateral pipes to be drawn in the PV....I get all other pipes in the locality drawn in my PV even though I don't select them.
And if I delete the pipes I don't want to see, they disappear from other views where I do want to see them.

Why does C3D draw all the pipes when I select only the ones I want?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

oops, here is a picture of what happens (styles still work in progress).

I only want to see the pipes beneath the EG line...not all the other stuff.

peter
Message 3 of 8
msanter
in reply to: peter_thomson

Peter,

In the future to prevent this from happening what you can do is select the Pipes --> Draw Parts in Profile View and then when you are prompted to Select network to add to profile view or (Selected parts only) type in S for selected parts only and you can pick only the pipes that you want to be drawn in the profile view.

In the mean time you can try selecting your Profile View (the grid) right-click and select Profile View Properties --> Pipe Networks tab and in the draw column you can uncheck the pipes and or structures that you don't wish to be drawn in your profile view.

Hope this helps!

-Melanie Santer
L.A. CAD
www.dirtdivac3d.blogspot.com
Message 4 of 8
T_Bernhard

That's not my experience, Peter. Are you using the drop-down menu command? I assume you're aware that the command line reads:

Select network(s) to add to profile view or [Selected parts only]:

This means that C3D's instinct is to put the entire network in and you've got to tell it otherwise.

I'll have a look at the drawing if you wish; it's not something I've ever come across before.

Trevor
Message 5 of 8

Oh, thanks very much....

dealing with such a learning curve, I guess we don't remember every little detail and this is one that I missed.

You are a star!

Many thanks.
Message 6 of 8
T_Bernhard

Geez, you gotta be quick around here, don't you?
Message 7 of 8

Hi Trevor,

You need to have a holiday in Dunedin....send the family out to see the albatross colony and the penguins....and you can have a C3D holday...at my office!
What a great idea!

Thanks for your response too.

Silly me, I have seen the command line response many times and today I overlooked it.

cheers,
Message 8 of 8
T_Bernhard

Don't tempt me: I'm overdue for one and I've been thinking about doing the "Tour NZ" thing ever since I spent four days in Queenstown and surrounding mountains three years ago. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report