Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding minimum and maximum points in profile labels

29 REPLIES 29
SOLVED
Message 1 of 30
tsachi
2166 Views, 29 Replies

Adding minimum and maximum points in profile labels

Hi.

I'm looking for a way to add a marker with location & elevation data to the profile (not the bands).

Only mention i found in this forum was for civil2011 (i have 2013) and it is no longer available.

Thanks.

29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30
troma
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

The ones at the very start and end are getting confused. I guess because we are multiplying grade in * grade out, and they only have either a grade in or a grade out, not both. I never thought of that. I guess you could just know you have to ctrl+click & delete them?
Other issue is controlling the visibility of the marker & the line. I want to ask you tsachi, do you want a line & marker included? We don't use them here, and it would be easier to go without I think. But if you need them for your drafting standards I'm sure there are ways around it. Switching the attachment might work; so the line is attached to the text instead of vice-versa; this might force the line to disappear where there is no text. On the other hand it might not, since there still is text there, just invisible text with a height of zero. Maybe you can send a picture of the label style you need. I don't normally get into making labels for people, but Joe is obviously feeling generous today.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 22 of 30
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: troma

Its all good and in the quest for better use and understanding <G>

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 23 of 30
Joe-Bouza

Uncle! <G> I'll just delete the start and end

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 24 of 30
ToddRogers-WPM

I am playing around with this.  What does the text height have to do with this expression?  Is it needed?

Todd Rogers
Message 25 of 30
troma
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Don't quite get your question.
You're using the expression to set the text height of the label component. So the text height is the expression! It has everything to do with it.
Or where am I missing you?

Mark Green

Message 26 of 30
troma

I downloaded Joe's and played around with it but I never did anything more to it. I was waiting for a reply from the OP on the format they wanted. Joe's drawing is a good example of how it works. The problems as you can see in it is that the very first and last label are weird, and the line and marker display where the text has been set to not display.

Mark Green

Message 27 of 30
ToddRogers-WPM

All I want to do is label the grade breaks either with a HP Sta., or LP Sta.

Todd Rogers
Message 28 of 30
troma

Right. And what about breaks that aren't a HP or a LP? You want a label there or not? The OP wanted those ones to disappear, which I think makes sense. So the expressions in this thread were designed to set the text height so it would disappear in these situations (set the text height to zero).

Mark Green

Message 29 of 30
ToddRogers-WPM

Cool. Thanks.

Todd Rogers
Message 30 of 30
Grimes_MG

The original expression is a neat little expression that will work nicely on many project between the begining and end of the profile line. Yes, the begining and end labels are given HP/LP text because the expression looks only for a simple True/False statement for the grades in & out. You could edit the expression:

IF({Grade In}>{Grade Out}, {Text.Height},0)

to something like:

IF(OR({Grade In},{Grade Out})=0,0,{Grade In}>{Grade Out}, {Text.Height},0))

Which first check for null/NA/zero T/F and then proceed; however, you could also just edit your label station range to exclude your begining and end station for the HP/LP label style and then add the begining & end stations seperately.

Win7 (x64), EVGA 790i, 8GB RAM, EVGA 8800GT, 250 GB iSSHDD, & RAID 0/1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report