Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding horizontal curve data in plan-profile sheets like geopak does?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2028 Views, 8 Replies

Adding horizontal curve data in plan-profile sheets like geopak does?

I have using Geopak and Civil 3D equally.  The thing i love about Geopak is the way it spits out the cuve data directly usable in plan-profile sheets, unlike Civil 3D where you first generate a Table and then manually add it in the sheets.

Is there a way to customize it to do it the way Geopak does?

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

How does this look?

What version of C3d are you using?

Geopak label.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 9
L3GO-Ed
in reply to: Jay_B

Looks good. So can such labels be generated for all the curves on the Alignment in a single process. How?
Message 4 of 9
Jay_B
in reply to: L3GO-Ed

@L3GO-Ed wrote:
Looks good. So can such labels be generated for all the curves on the Alignment in a single process. How?

The label shown is an Alignment "Curve Label", so it's not a completely automated solution but only involves 2 steps to place the labels.

Specifying the "Curve Group Index" within the Geometry Editor and then picking each curve to place the label.

Considerably less work than what the OP had been doing IMO.

There may be other ways of doing this within a Label Set but I wasn't able to find all of the necessary components within the various Alignment Label Styles which can be included in a Alignement Label Set.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Looks great Jay. That is exactly what i am looking for. But can you elaborate on the steps to do it?

I went to the Geometry Editor, but couldnt find where to specify the "Curve Group Index"

Thx.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

and forgot to mention, i am on 2012 Civil 3D

Message 7 of 9
Jay_B

In Geometry editor the "curve group index" column is hiding off to the right, try scrolling, and if it still won't display then right click on the headings and be sure curve grp index is checked.

I did this in 2014 but will do the same in 2012 version and post dwg here so you can get a rough idea what can be done.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 8 of 9
Jay_B

Attached is a 2012 dwg with the Alignment Curve Label created.

Feel free to use label as is but first verify all curve parameters within the label are reporting the proper information.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks a lot Jay!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report