Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Alignement in the beginning of profile

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
LASSAADTH
208 Views, 4 Replies

Adding Alignement in the beginning of profile

I want to add a line to the beginning of the profile without having to rebuild the profile.

what is the solution?

pl.png

thank you

Lassaad THALJAOUI
Infrastructure Engineer
Autodesk Product professional User
Civil 3D 2016 x64 / Windows 7 64-bit / 16GB RAM
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
lambertb
in reply to: LASSAADTH

You could draw lines at the intersections of your profile and line. Then use the insert PI command to add PI points. If you want to add something to the beginning, draw a line at your begining PI. Then move that PI to where you want it. Then insert a PI at the endpoint of the line. From what I recall, you can't add to the beginning of a vertical profile.

C3D 2022 and 2024
Message 3 of 5
LASSAADTH
in reply to: lambertb

Hello lambertb,

This solves the problem partially, I ask if there is a method to remove or add elements of profiles without restart what is after
Thank you for your involvement.

Lassaad THALJAOUI
Infrastructure Engineer
Autodesk Product professional User
Civil 3D 2016 x64 / Windows 7 64-bit / 16GB RAM
Message 4 of 5
BrianHailey
in reply to: LASSAADTH

If you are using Civil 3D 2015, you can set the profile to lock to the alignment geometry.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 5 of 5

Pardon me for guessing; the picture does exactly show what you are asking. What is first, second and third alignments?

What I usually do to extend an existing profile is insert a PI near the start and place a marker (a circle works for me) at the current begining, grip the current begining and drag it to the new begining, then grip the PI placed near the original begining and snap it to the circle - previous profile intact.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report