Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a surface view to a corridor Cross Section

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
KristenCourson1781
1675 Views, 3 Replies

Adding a surface view to a corridor Cross Section

I have an existing storm drain ditch that is inadequate to carry flows and we are widening and depending.  A portion of the proposed ditch will have an 8' wide bottom, and the remainder with a 10' wide bottom, so I created an assembly for each piece.  I then created 2 separate corridors along the same centerline alignment, one for each ditch assembly.  I created a cross section sample line group with sample lines along the entire alignment.  The cross section views look fine on the portion of the alignment where the 8' corridor runs.  However, nothing shows up on the cross section views in the alignment area based on the 10' corridor assembly.  I see in the cross section properties where the cross section is based on the corridor surface with the 8' bottom.  The problem is that I cannot find out how to change what surface the cross section is picking up.  Even when I create the cross section new from scratch, I see no option for picking the 10' wide corridor surface that I want to sample from.  AutoCAD automatically picks the 8’ wide corridor surface.  Will I have to create a whole new sample line group to be able to accomplish this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I actually just tried creating a new sample line group.  It automatically picked the 8' bottom corridor surface as well.  Can't figure out how to change this.

Message 3 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: KristenCourson1781

Sample Line Group Properties>Sections Tab>Sample More Sources

Is the one you wish to show listed? If so sample it here.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 4

Thanks.  That is exactly what I needed!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report