Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding a static offset to northings and eastings

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
darreng_oa
637 Views, 7 Replies

adding a static offset to northings and eastings

how would i add a static offset to the both the northing and easting to all my points?  i need to add 3.02 feet to the northing and 0.56 feet to the easting.  elevation is good, but the positions all need to be shifted.  

thanks, OA

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DaveM
in reply to: darreng_oa

If they were brought in throught the survey database they need to be translated. If they were simply imported via point import you should be able to get away with selecting the desired points and using the move command base point 0,0,0 to point 0.56,3.02,0

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Message 3 of 8
darreng_oa
in reply to: DaveM

they are not in a survey database - just imported points. worse, i did a bunch of linework based on the points so still trying to learn how to move all my polylines too. "Moving" 500+ points seems awkard.
Message 4 of 8
DaveM

I am not sure what all is in the drawing you are working on, but it sounds like you could get use out of the quick select function.

Were you ables to move your points?

Another option for moving your points is they are in .csv format, you could use an excel fomrula to add the distances to the northing and eastings and then reimport, while letting it overide the points in the drawing.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Message 5 of 8
wfberry

First and foremost make:

Toolspace-> Settings -> Point -> Update Points -> Allow Checked in Points to be modified (True)

I would Isolate all points and move them like Dave suggested, however, you only need the x,y of each.

Move

From 0,0 to .56,3.02

Then I would isolate the lines (or polylines) and do the same.

Bill

Message 6 of 8
darreng_oa
in reply to: wfberry

thanks dave and bill. the move command worked perfectly for both points and lines.

much thanks!
Message 7 of 8
troma
in reply to: wfberry

Can you elaborate on the reason for doing points and lines separately? Is it less glitchy that way?
Thanks.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 8 of 8
wfberry
in reply to: troma

Only personal preference.  I like to make sure all the points move, then all the linework.  It just seems easier to keep up with.

Bill

Windows 7 x 64 Professional
Nvidia GeForce 9800 & 8500
12 GB Ram
i7 965 @ 3.20 GHz
Corsair Force 240 GB SSD
Infrastructure Suite 2014 Premium

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report