Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding a prefix to the end of cogo points

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
colbyhartman
1522 Views, 4 Replies

adding a prefix to the end of cogo points

anyone, looking for help in adding a prefix to the end of a cogo point ie.(when we bring in info we have a top of curb and a face of curb shot and we add TC and FC to the text componite editor.) is there a process where i can add this at one time or set civli up to where when it processes the file to recognize them and add this automatically for minimize drafting time?

any help would be apprecative.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

You do what you want with the description key sets using the Description Key Format to create a full description that you can use in labels etc.

If you have a raw code and want to add something to the end of it, use something like this in the Description Key Format - "$* TC" without the quotes. The $* tell civil 3d to include the entire raw code and then add a space and then TC.

As an example, we have one Description Key with the raw code of "GR*" and the Description Key Format as "Grate $*" which takes something like "GR01" will show in the full description as "Grate GR01"

If you want to look into it further, check out the Description Key Format Section of the help.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 3 of 5

i guess i should have elaborated a little more, we show the additional info with the elevation on our spot shots. so you would have the point number elevation and description. but we only show the elevation and marker on our plats. i need the "TC" added to the end of the elevation when the raw description is imported.

Message 4 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: colbyhartman

Same as what Andrew described, then just be sure your PointLabel style includes the Full Description after the elevation.

6-29-2012 6-43-17 AM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 5
colbyhartman
in reply to: Jeff_M

thanks to both of you guys, it helped out this will save hours on drafting time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report