Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a curve to an existing alignment

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Yellow600
2895 Views, 2 Replies

Adding a curve to an existing alignment

Hello all,

I looked around and couldn't find this exact situation anywhere online.  I have an alignment that has been created tanget to tangent no curves.  Now they decided they wanted a curve at one PI.  I tried using the geometry editor and using Tangent-Tangent (with Curves).  It creates the curve i want but stops the stationing at the end of that curve.  when i select the alignent it shows it continues but stationing doesnt.  Basically, how do i add a curve to this alignment that has a profile and corridor already built to it?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jay_B
in reply to: Yellow600

Use the Free Curve Fillet option in the Alignment Geometry Editor.

This will allow a curve to be added to the existing alignment.

Keep in mind it's a domino effect as far as the Profile and Corridor as things will shift slightly and in many cases changes also need to be made to those objects.

Also be sure to Rebuild the Corridor after adding the curve to Alignment.

free curve.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 3
Yellow600
in reply to: Jay_B

THANKS!

I swear I attempted this command before.  But it did just work.

While your helpful, I have one more that I've been looking up.  I'm pretty new to all of this.  I only previously modeled in Terramodel which was pretty cut and dry.  this is a bit more cumbersome.

I created a cooridor using a ditch subassembly and a general daylight set at 2:1 for all properties.  There is an area where it doesnt hit my surface and brings up an error diolog basically telling me it cant shoot 2:1 because there is no surface to hit.  How to i get around this issue?  Maybe I'm doing something wrong in my sub assemblies.  I basically am training myself and create alignments, profiles, surfaces, and show limits and cross sections for our engineer.  Alot of times he wants a flat ditch, and a consistant slope for each project.  I'm sure as i go along they will want cut/fill quantities and more info but for now I just need to cover the basics.  Any tips here?

Thanks in advance!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report