Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a corridor section causes section editor memory leak?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
rdlongbow
211 Views, 1 Reply

Adding a corridor section causes section editor memory leak?

C3D 2013, SP2 Win7 64

I have a small subdivision project with two Cul-de-Sacs. On the first C-D-S, I already have added a corridor section along the alignment at the top. I can open the section editor without problem.

I then added one along the alignment on the second C-D-S. So far, so good. I then try to open the section editor, and almost instantly, the memory usage jumps up to 99%. Before opening the section editor, the acad memory is just under 1 gb. After opening, it is over 6 gb. I only have 8 gb total, which is more than adequate for the projects I'm working on. I can do without the extra sections, but I do find this rather limiting. I haven't tried adding a section somewhere else to see if the same problem occurs as I have wasted enough time with this problem.

Anyone else run into this problem?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rdlongbow
in reply to: rdlongbow

Solved: I had to add a couple of sections elseware in the corridor, and the section editor worked fine. I went back to the roadway profile that the C-D-S targeted and extended it slightly. I added a new corridor section and used the section editor without a problem.

What's curious about this is that I checked the top surface with the object viewer and didn't have any waterfalls, so I assumed that all was well. I guess I must have been a very tiny amount short on the profile. Not enough for the waterfall to develope, but enough to cause the section editor to freak out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report