Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a Bench to a Slope When a Maximum height is Reached - Civil 3D 2013

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
danjvaldez
1357 Views, 1 Reply

Adding a Bench to a Slope When a Maximum height is Reached - Civil 3D 2013

I am using a feature line to create a grading for a residential house pad. The county grading ordinance calls for a 6' drainage terrace (bench) when slopes exceed 40' in vertical height. I know that for corridor grading you can specify a slope bench with a subassembly but that is not what I am doing here.

I'd like a solution where the grading remains dynamic because I know that benching will cause slopes to cross property lines. I also want to keep the dynamic nature to be able to make adjustments to balance the earthwork.

Any thoughts?? 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sboon
in reply to: danjvaldez

I'm trying to picture what you want to do here.  Perhaps a sketch or drawing would help.  You apparently want to use feature lines and grading objects instead of a corridor because it's quicker and easier to edit, but you need the decision logic of an assembly.

It might be possible to create a hybrid that will work.  Create an alignment that retraces the feature line you're using to define.  For the assembly - start with a LinkVertical, which will be targeted at the feature line then add whatever daylighting subs you need to finish the slope.

You should be able to edit the control feature line and let the corridor handle the daylighting and surface model on auto-rebuild.  The only problem I can see would be if your building pad has inside corners.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report