Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a 2nd Surface to a Corridor

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
kkohlhoff
1677 Views, 9 Replies

Adding a 2nd Surface to a Corridor

I am starting to run C3D 2015 after a recent upgrade from 2010 (I know, it’s about time). I am having trouble adding a secondary surface to my corridor like I was able to in 2010. Normally, in the Corridor Properties, under the Surfaces tab, I could add 2 or 3 surfaces (Finished, Undercut, Over-X) to my corridor by clicking on Create Corridor Surface button and adding appropriate links to each. I have tried this in 2014 and 2015 programs and neither lets me add additional surfaces. Am I missing something here? Are there new/improved options to do this elsewhere? I am pretty sure my alignment, profile and assemblies are clear of errors.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Jay_B
in reply to: kkohlhoff

Adding multiple corridor surfaces seems to work as expected in both 2014 & 2015.

Are you doing these first 2 steps?

1. Select "Create a Corridor Surface" icon.

2. Select "Add Surface Item" + icon.

corr surface.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 10
kkohlhoff
in reply to: Jay_B

Yes, just as it was in 2010. My first surfaces comes in fine, but adding a second surface, CAD just stares back at me. It doesn't freeze or hold up, just does nothing. I see your screen shot has only one surface, can you add another?

Message 4 of 10
ToddRogers-WPM

Never had any problems creating multiple surfaces.

Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 10
kkohlhoff
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

This screenshot is from a 2010 window. So its still possible to do so in 2015?

Screen Shot.bmp

Message 6 of 10
Jay_B

I created separate new surfaces using various codes, but yes it kept adding them no problem.

I did not try as you show in screen shot where multiple codes are listed under a single surface though.
Is this what's not working as it was before?
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 7 of 10
kkohlhoff

Not quite. I can get a single surface and it shows the correct Top & Subase surface with bottom links or a surface with just a top surface with  top links. It’s when I want to add a second surface for alternate info. I don’t even get the second surface to show up to add links. I tried on a brand new drawing and made a very simple test alignment, profile, assembly and corridor and came across the same issue. If others are able to get it to work, I wonder if I am missing a setting?

Message 8 of 10
kkohlhoff

I just opened an old 2010 corridor model with 2015. In there I am able to add the surfaces as I wish. This must be a setting issue with the couple I just created with 2015?

Message 9 of 10
sboon

Check the surface name defaults for corridors.  I have a template where someone has set the corridor surface name to match the corridor name.  This works for one surface, but if it won't allow me to create a second one using a duplicate name.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Clipboard01.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 10 of 10
kkohlhoff
in reply to: sboon

That was it! I added a Counter property to the name to keep this from happening in the future. Thanks Steve!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report