Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add subassembly to corridor

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
sboon
12052 Views, 11 Replies

Add subassembly to corridor

We are trying to edit a small portion of an existing corridor by adding a generic daylighting subassembly.  The add subassembly tool in the Corridor Section editor works, but we get an error because the new sub doesn't have a target surface specified.  Does anyone know how to add a target for a sub that is added after the corridor was created?

Steve
Civil 3D 2012 & 2013 & 2014
Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q890
2 x i7 - Q740 quad core CPU's
8GB of RAM
60GB SSD + 500GB HDD
NVidia GeForce GTS 360M - driver 8.17.13.0697
Win 7 Home Premium
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
doni49
in reply to: sboon

C3D CorridorTarget.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 12
sboon
in reply to: doni49

I've attached a drawing to help clarify the problem.  The assembly used here has no daylight on the right side, but there is a detatched subassembly in the drawing.  At station 0+25 I have already used the Add Subassembly tool in the Corridor Section editor to add the daylight.  I cannot see any way to edit the target parameter however.

Steve
Civil 3D 2012 & 2013 & 2014
Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q890
2 x i7 - Q740 quad core CPU's
8GB of RAM
60GB SSD + 500GB HDD
NVidia GeForce GTS 360M - driver 8.17.13.0697
Win 7 Home Premium

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 12
doni49

Steve,

It worked for me.  I attached your SA to the assembly and when I went to the corridor properties, chose Target.  The right daylight needed to have the target set.  Once I did, I rebuilt the corridor and it worked without errors.  I saved the dwg file and it's attached.

C3D CorridorTarget2.png

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 12
sboon

That's not what I'm trying to do here Don.  I want to attach a single instance of a daylight sub to one corridor section only.  The software will allow me to attach other subs to a corridor but there is a problem with daylights because there doesn't seem to be any way to specify the target.

Steve

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 6 of 12
doni49

@sboon wrote:

That's not what I'm trying to do here Don.

I must admit that I was surprised to think that I was going to be able to help you with something as simple as this (or at least as simple as I thought it was).  The things you've assisted with in the past have been much more complex than the task as I understood it.

@sboon wrote:

I want to attach a single instance of a daylight sub to one corridor section only.  The software will allow me to attach other subs to a corridor but there is a problem with daylights because there doesn't seem to be any way to specify the target.

I'm sorry I guess I'm not understanding that request.  What exactly is the end goal (maybe with a sketch)?

Don Ireland

Message 7 of 12
doni49

@sboon wrote:

That's not what I'm trying to do here Don.  I want to attach a single instance of a daylight sub to one corridor section only.  The software will allow me to attach other subs to a corridor but there is a problem with daylights because there doesn't seem to be any way to specify the target.

Steve

Steve,

I've read and re-read this post a bunch of times.  When you say "attach a single instance of a daylight sub to one corridor section only", it sounds like you want to attach the right daylight over a specified station range (region).  Won't that require a second assembly along with additional regions?

Don Ireland

Message 8 of 12
sboon

If you open the corridor section editor, and expand the corridor edit tools panel on the Ribbon then you'll see the Add subassembly tool I was trying to use.

The original problem was in a much larger corridor, where we needed to replace the normal daylight subassembly with a copy of DaylightMultiIntercept for a couple of stations.  Deleting the existing daylight sub was easy enough, but we were trying to figure out how to replace it.  I think the person who was working on it faked in some linework to get the corridor surface looking right, so we are OK for now.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 9 of 12
fcernst

...but we were trying to figure out how to replace it...

Implement a Conditional subassembly

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 10 of 12
doni49

@sboon wrote:

If you open the corridor section editor,

AHHHHH.  That explains my confusion.  When you said "a section of corridor", I thought you meant section as in "part of" but you litterally meant cross-section.

Don Ireland

Message 11 of 12
sboon

<chuckle>

Now you know what it's like to be an EE, trying to figure out the questions from other users. Smiley Happy

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 12 of 12
blt
Advocate

How about creating a new assembly with the subassembly and run in a region for 0.1 ft., 0.05 ft. each side of the cross section in question.

Bryan Thorp, PLS
Civil 3D 2017 SP1
Dell OptiPlex 990 Workstation
Intel I7
16 Gig of RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report