Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Station and Offset to a point

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mnyrac
6707 Views, 4 Replies

Add Station and Offset to a point

I currently have a drawing with a road alignment and stationing.  Is there a way to automatically station and offset a point that is not on the alignment line?  

For instance, our alignment line is the centerline of the road.  I need a station and offset of the new right of way line points at different places in the drawing.  I want to use the alignment stationing to have it automatically create the station and offset at the point I choose.

Thanks.

Caryn

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
arcallupe
in reply to: mnyrac

I don't understand very well. Do you have a polyline next to the aligment as rigth of way? and do you want to put the station and offset for each polyline point?. Is it correct?

Message 3 of 5
seattlesurvey
in reply to: mnyrac

Try Create Points > Alignments > Station/Offset; you'll then need to choose thealignment from which you're offsetting, then enter the station along the alignment and the offset distance.

HTH.

Message 4 of 5
troma
in reply to: seattlesurvey

That option will create cogo points.  Is that what you want?

I thought you just wanted a simple label of the station & offset.  If so, go to Annotate > Add Labels >

Feature: Alignment

Label type: Station Offset - Fixed Point

These labels display the station & offset from the alignment and will dynamically update if the alignment is edited or the label is moved.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 5
mnyrac
in reply to: troma

I found the answer.  

Select the alignment - in the Alignment Tab select Add Labels - Station and offset. 

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report