Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add network parts to the profile

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
jak79
4007 Views, 9 Replies

Add network parts to the profile

I am using Civil 3D 2010 & getting an error message when I run the command (AddNetworkPartsToProf) to add network parts to the profile.

Here is the message I get when I select a part of the pipe network to draw into the profile. "1 object was of the wrong type. All objects in the pickfirst set were filtered out, please select again".

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: jak79

What are you selecting first?

Based on the comment, you have selected the profile view, and then from
the context sensite ribbon panel, you select AddNetworkPartstoProfile
command. If you do this, the prompt is for a pipe network part. Since
you have a profile selected, it can't use that. Just go ahead and
select a pipe part.

Matthew Anderson, PE

jak79 wrote:
> I am using Civil 3D 2010 & getting an error message when I run the command (AddNetworkPartsToProf) to add network parts to the profile.
>
> Here is the message I get when I select a part of the pipe network to draw into the profile. "1 object was of the wrong type. All objects in the pickfirst set were filtered out, please select again".
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
Message 3 of 10
jak79

Thanks for the reply.

This is the order I am using After selecting the command I then select the pipe in my network plan view. After that is when I get the message "1 object was of the wrong type. All objects in the pickfirst set were filtered out, please select again".

Thanks
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

You need to hit return to stop selecting pipes. You are then prompted to
select the profile.

--
John Mayo, PE

Core i7 920 6GB DDR3
Radeon 4870HD 1 GB
Vista64
Message 5 of 10
jer7rob
in reply to: Anonymous

I am trying to add parts to a profile the same way I have for years now in Civil 3d and getting the same message....not matter how I try to add them. I am not picking the profile first, nor do I think you even can. I am running the command, selecting the parts I want to add to the profile, hitting enter, and then selecting the profile view I want to add them to when prompted for it. Has anyone found a solution to this problem. I have just started having it. In another drawing I just erased the part and added a new one and that fixed it but in my current drawing nothing I seem to do allows me to draw the parts in the profile view.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 10
wdbar

I'm having the same issue.  I've had no problems up till recently and I'm wondering if my drawing is now corrupted.  I can select add parts, select the profile view and then nothing appears.

Frustrating!

Message 7 of 10
wdbar
in reply to: wdbar

Nevermind....User error.  (part was drawn on frozen layer.....duh)

Message 8 of 10
RainierFan

Did you ever get this to work again? I was cruising along with everything working fine, then all of a sudden I'm

getting the same error you're getting.

@jak79 wrote:
I am using Civil 3D 2010 & getting an error message when I run the command (AddNetworkPartsToProf) to add network parts to the profile.

Here is the message I get when I select a part of the pipe network to draw into the profile. "1 object was of the wrong type. All objects in the pickfirst set were filtered out, please select again".

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Message 9 of 10
hockeyhound

Has anyone found a fix for this?  I am having the same problem.

Message 10 of 10
toro115
in reply to: hockeyhound

I do not know if you still have the same issue, I was not able to draw a fixed tangent line to my profile because it was telling me this note:  "1 object was of the wrong type.  All objects in the pickfirst set were filtered out, please select again.", I turned off the pickfirst option "Ctrl+Backspace" and then it let me select the profile and activate the draw fixed tangen line command.

Carlos Andres Toro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report