Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-Ins Ribbon Tab

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rachelc11
4164 Views, 2 Replies

Add-Ins Ribbon Tab

Hi, I'm sure for someone out there, this is a really basic question. I'm just getting a headache trying to figure it out though! I started downloading a few AutoCAD "plug-ins" and for each one, it makes a new tab on my ribbon. I am wanting to put all my plug-in commands onto 1 "plug-in" or "add-in" tab to clear the clutter. Simplest way to do this? And is there a way to get it so it automaticallly puts newly downloaded plugins on the right tab as well? I tried to follow the instructions in the help file:

When you load a partial CUIx file with ribbon tabs, you can use the Workspace Behavior property to control how the ribbon tabs might be displayed in all existing workspaces.

The Add Tab Only option displays the ribbon tab as its own tab, while the Merge Tab Only option merges the ribbon tab with a ribbon tab in the main CUIx file that is assigned the same alias. The Merge or Add Tab option attempts to merge the ribbon tab before a new ribbon tab is created on the ribbon.

NoteYou might need to use the CUILOAD command to reload a partial CUIx file in order for the ribbon tabs to be properly added to all existing workspaces. Reloading a partial CUIx file will affect the display of all its ribbon tabs.

The Plug-ins ribbon tab found in the acad.cuix, or acadlt.cuix, utilizes the concept of merging multiple ribbon tabs from all the currently loaded CUIx files into a single ribbon tab. If you create custom applications, you can merge a ribbon tab that contains your commands on it with the Plug-ins tab.

If you want to merge your ribbon tab with the Plug-ins tab, change the following properties of your ribbon tab to:

• Default Display: Add to workspaces
  • Workspace Behavior: Merge or add tab
  • Aliases: ID_ADDINSTAB <---these were all already my settings.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Haven't tried this myself but have a look here

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/infrastructure/2012/12/duplicated-add-ins-tab-on-civil-3d.html

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 3 of 3

You can drag and drop the commands. Drag to your workspace. Switch to add-ins. And drop it in there.  Not sure how to get rid of the tabs though.

"Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report