Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Data to surface options Civil 3D 2014

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tomhoban
625 Views, 4 Replies

Add Data to surface options Civil 3D 2014

Hello all

I am learning to use surfaces in drawing, My main aim is for volumisation tasks.

I had been following a tutorial that relied on creting surfaces. i.e

1) from the home tab> Surfaces> Create Surface

2)Add data. From Modify Tab>Surface> Add Data> Point Files.

This worked for me to start with but after changing some settings (looking to display a missing toolbar, I clicked or unticked one  or two boxes, Not sure where, I know silly!). The only options I have in the drop down from "add data" are: Boundaries and DEM files. All other options in the list are not clickable.

Can anyone help with this? ie What setting I need to change or perhaps restore all settings to default. Any comments on volumisation (spoil heps, Data is x,y,Z from survey equipment.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards

Tom 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wetsnow13
in reply to: tomhoban

Right click the surface name in the prospector tree, select the "surface properties", go to the Definition tab and open up "Data Operations".  Toggle all of them to "Yes"

Message 3 of 5
tomhoban

Thank you

I carried out as suggested but the options are still not selectable. However if I expand "definition" in the prospector tree and right click point files, I do get and option to add points and this works.

Regards

Tom
Message 4 of 5
Jay_B

Sounds like you may have changed the CUI settings.

These can be Restored or Reset as described in This Thecadgeek post.

Reset will as it states reset CUI to the original default settings so any CUI customization will be lost.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 5
tomhoban

Thank you. This worked

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report