Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add ArcGIS Connection

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
wromberger
633 Views, 1 Reply

Add ArcGIS Connection

This workflow is new to me, so if I ask the wrong questions feel free to steer me in the right direction.

I've been provided a .GDB folder full of files that I've been told in an ESRI ArcGIS geodatabase.  I've been told that our company's task is to make edits to the information and return the modified folder of files, but we do not have ArcGIS.  I do have AutoCAD Civil 3D.  I've read that I can read/write to this database using the MAP workspace but that it is only available in the 32-bit version.  So I built a 32-bit Windows Vista machine and loaded the 32-bit version of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012.

Using the acmap menu, I go to the Map Setup tab, click Connect and choose Add ArcGIS Connection from the list of Data Connections by Provider.  Here's the message I get: "Failed to load connection control for provider.  Either the provider is not installed or there was an error accessing it."  Ok, so now I'm stumped.  Are there any ArcGIS/Civil 3D/MAP/Geodatabase experts out there that can help me?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Mark_Castle
in reply to: wromberger

You might have more luck posting this in the Map DG. Smiley Happy

Mark Castle
Win 10 64-Bit, Thinkpad P50
16 GB RAM; Core i7-6820HQ; Quadro M1000M

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report