Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a suffix to a station alignment label

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
MSBryan
1292 Views, 6 Replies

Add a suffix to a station alignment label

Civil 3d 2010

I'm being asked to add a suffix to my station values in my alignment lables. The problem is they are asking for that suffix value to change after each station equation.  I've looked at a few options and am not sure I can do this. I'm exploring expressions but they appear limited at this point.

ex.  100+00 A   with A being the suffix. All stations would be labeled with the A suffix until  I get to a station equation (Sta. Back = 188+68.25, Sta. Ahead = 188+66.72) then the station suffix would increment up to the next alphabet becoming ex. 189+00 B 

was contemplating something along the lines   

IF({Station Value}!={Raw Station}) blah blah blah  (at a loss)

but I don't see any other options that would further this.

Suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks,

MB

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Sinc
in reply to: MSBryan

The only thing I can think of (short of editing the labels one at a time) is to break your alignment into pieces, instead of using Station Equations.

You might want to keep your original single Alignment for design purposes, then use other shorter Alignments for each segment to get the labels in there for display purposes.  And then hope your design doesn't change much...

Sinc
Message 3 of 7
MSBryan
in reply to: Sinc

Sinc,

That was the only other solution I had thought of as well. Funny how "they" can always come up with that one thing that they want that is all but impossible to do efficiently. Then they say well we could do that on the board or in Version 14 or some unmentionable software that was basically the effect of doing it all manually.

Thanks for the suggestion.

MB

Message 4 of 7
Civil3DReminders

You can change the Station Equation Identifier in the Alignment Properties, Station Control Tab to be what you want. Then add the component to the label as Station Equation ID.

http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/2011/02/station-equation-ids-and-civil-3d-2012.html

Christopher

Message 5 of 7
Sinc
in reply to: Civil3DReminders

Oh wow, I never realized you can edit that value.  Guess I never tried...  Just goes to show that it pays off to be "explorative" with C3D, and try clicking on EVERYTHING.

If you edit the values, they no longer automatically renumber themseleves if you add/remove Station Equations, but hand-editing the values if necessary shouldn't be too bad.  And hopefully, you won't have to do that, anyway.

Sinc
Message 6 of 7
MSBryan
in reply to: Sinc

Too bad that capability is not in C3D 2010  Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 7
Sinc

Ah!  That's why I never saw it before.

We're just now getting ready to switch to C3D 2011, and I'm constantly switching between them.  When Christopher made his post, I had 2011 open, and I only looked there.

Sinc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report