Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add a bug to the list

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mccabejoshua
399 Views, 6 Replies

add a bug to the list

my C3D11 is having one hell of a time sorting survey points by description.  I crash everytime I open a drawing, open a survey database, edit points, sort by description.

Happy New Year!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
SurveyorLee
in reply to: mccabejoshua

I have not had that problem, but have only sorted within the drawing, not in a database, and have only had about 5000 points.  Do you have any special characters that may cause and issue, expecially the quote, apostrophe, and sometimes the # symbol?

Hope this gives you a place to start looking.

Surveyor Lee

Message 3 of 7
mccabejoshua
in reply to: SurveyorLee

Ha! I only have a few hundred points in this job!

I have sorted my points in the database in the past so I don't know what is going on here.  I even opened a new dwg and imported my stuff from scratch and It still bugs out.  I really don't want to start another "Autodesk Hates Surveyors" thread(I am the ONLY civil 3D advocate in a Bentley dominated office).  I do love getting laughed at by all the Microstation users when I am cursing C3D from my cube.  I love even more when I have to use Microstation then admit how much better it performs than C3D

I will try other jobs and databases but I am out of patience for the year with this glitchy, buggy, overpriced, over-rated, new-version-before-the-old-version-is-fixed so-called program. (sigh)

Happy New Year!

Message 4 of 7
tcorey

Sort on Raw Description instead of Full Description.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 7
sboon

Upload the point file, and maybe your drawing so that others can take a look at it.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 6 of 7
Maine-iac

If this is the same crash (bug) while trying to do various things in the Point Editor or Survey Point Editor screen that we had a while back, it was taken care of when we installed Update 2 (version 3) of 2011. The Survey Point Editor only has a "Description" column that shows the raw description in 2011. The Point Editor does have both.

Civil 3D 2022.1
Windows 10 x64
HP ZBook 15 G5
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
32 GB RAM
Message 7 of 7
mccabejoshua

Thanks for the replies.  I appreciate the help very much, unfortunately I have not had time to check these suggestions.  When I do I will be sure to accept the solution.

Thank you all

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report