Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing the Toolspace Settings

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
RCBmstg007
302 Views, 4 Replies

Accessing the Toolspace Settings

Is there an alternative way of accessing (and toggling) the settings tab on the toolspace rather than having to go browse for it each time?

There is a setting under the pipe networks I need to change, and its a yes or no toggle setting. I want to be able to access it via a command prompt or something to toggle it for the action recorder.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: RCBmstg007

Not sure I'm understanding your question but the command SETTINGS will toggle the Settings Tab on Toolspace on and off.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
RCBmstg007

Settings Tab

Right click on Pipe Network

scroll to Storm Sewers Migration Defaults

the following (Defaults)
- Parts List Used for migration = Standard
- Allow Part Family Swapping = YES
- Use Imported Part ID for Part Family = NO

I would like to toggle
- Allow Part Family Swapping = YES & NO (I have to do two imports on the same file.)

Message 4 of 5
Jeff_M

It appears that those settings are some of the few which are not exposed to the customization API's...at least I am unable to locate them right now.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 5
mpope
in reply to: Jeff_M

Hi, Is there another way to accomplish accessing the Toolspace setting in command line, action recorder or some other method a user can create a macro or routine to automate a task.  For example, my firm is constantly changing description keys to apply different setting to cogo points either individual or multiple selections.  I want to create a macro or something similar that will automate thru a button or command line changing a specific description key to top order or directly applying it.  Just one instance is to many topo points that we want to freeze because we don't want to display them but they could be useful if client wants them later. We switching between a "Topo settings" description key and and a "Freeze settings" description key and we have to constantly switch the description key to top, apply, ok and select point/points, right click - apply description key, wait for update key and repeat.  Ideally two buttons one for topo and one for freeze where all but the selection is automated. I can't seem to find how to call for the commands/menu to do this for item in the toolspace?  I'm old school and always think of macros and thought action recorder would accomplish this but the action record doesn't seem to record those actions.  Perhaps there is another new way to customize.  Please point me in the right  direction.  I can't be the only one that wants to automate some of these clicks and picks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report