Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a simple question about changing tools and settings

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
achillesgr
243 Views, 4 Replies

a simple question about changing tools and settings

Hello, First of all please forgive the stupid question . I am still trying to learn the basics in AutoCAD. Here is an example: I have many lines created in a drawing that all are diferent in collar,layer,line type,......... Now I want to start drawind a new line But with the settings of a spesific line . instead of changing every attribute(collor,layer,line type....) How can I simple pick a line I like from the drawing and then the line tool adopts the settings from that line? The same question for other tools for example text, dims,... Is the a tool the simple picks the obgects atributtes and make those current ? I appreciate any help. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Murph_Map
in reply to: achillesgr

There's the Match Property tool  "Matchprop" is the command.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 5
achillesgr
in reply to: Murph_Map

Hello, I use match prop after I create the objects or before?
Message 4 of 5
neilyj666

create the new objects then match the properties. In 2014 and perhaps back to 2012 there is an Add Similar command which may be useful to you

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 5 of 5
Neilw_05

If you use a typical Autocad workflow then most of your drafting is done with symbology set to BYLAYER attributes. In that case all you need to do is set the layer of the object you want to match to "current". Then all your subsequent drafting will match and you won't need to keep using the Match Properties tool.

To set the the layer of an object current, pick the object, then type the LAYMCUR command. The LAYMCUR command is also available as a button on the Layer toolbar.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report