Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A project file i made won't even open anymore.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
karlkarpuk
552 Views, 7 Replies

A project file i made won't even open anymore.

Hey!

I have a file where there are mostly surfaces and gradings. I have no idea, what happened, but once again i ran into a similar problem - i cannot open the file anymore. It just stops loading and then Civil crashes.

Can someone try to open it and maybe use MAPCLEAN or AUDIT in hope it fixes anything?

Why do these things even keep happening, i do not understand at all.

I uploaded the file to www.2shared.com as it is over 4 Mb. http://www.2shared.com/photo/1wiEpRdZ/Kellassaare_topo_Civil.html

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

I have tried to open the file with different Autodesk programs (AutoCAD, TrueView, Civil 3D) but none of these programs want to open the drawing - TrueView does open and convert it, but the resulkt is still corrupt.

The other programs crash with a last command line information: "attempt to evaluate a plane with zero normal".
A RECOVER gives you an AUDIT report that shows that two gradings cannot be repaired and 788 errors. Unfortunately it still is not possible to open the file. My conlusion is that the drawing got corrupt for some reason and cannot be recovered.

Karsten Saenger
Message 3 of 8
troma
in reply to: karlkarpuk

@karlkarpuk wrote:

Why do these things even keep happening, i do not understand at all.

Obviously I can't say exactly.  But I do know that gradings are glitchy.  Save, save, audit, save.  Then make sure you save.  Audit every day, if not every hour.  Save before and after you audit.

Some on these discussion groups have recommended exploding or deleting gradings.  Use it as a tool to find your daylight or whatever, then get rid of it.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 8
karlkarpuk
in reply to: troma

Ok so that's what i will do from now on: Save and audit after every step because i'm afraid the program will crash again. If this happens one more time, i will forget about Civil 3D because i've lost at least a weektime of work in total because of different fatal errors, crashes etc.
I don't know, if it's about me, but every day i have about 10 reasons to get mad at the software.
Take the file i uploaded as an example of what happens to me all the time.

Message 5 of 8
wfberry

For starters, post the following:

1.  Your complete computer specifications.

2.  Version of Civil 3D (including SPs) you are using.

3   Operating system.

Bill

Message 6 of 8
karlkarpuk
in reply to: wfberry

Ok, so

1. My computer cpecifications - http://i.imgur.com/tmLt9wM.png

2. I am running Civil 2012. Is it shown anywhere, what service packs have i installed? I remember updating everything possible a while (maybe 3 months) ago. Maybe i should just run over all of the updates again.

3. Microsoft Windows 7 Professional.

On a sidenote, i ran into 2 fatal errors today in 35 mintues with the drawing consisting only of surfaces, gradings and featurelines. Oh, an one solid as well.

Message 7 of 8
Jay_B

ABOUT @ command line will let you know what current SP version is, on upper left of dialog

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 8 of 8
karlkarpuk
in reply to: Jay_B

Oh, thank you.

My current Product version: F.205.0.0, SP3.0. I understand SP4.0 just came out. Will update asap.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report