Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64 bit C3D 2009 - MrSID file & Object enabler

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
wdbar
1066 Views, 22 Replies

64 bit C3D 2009 - MrSID file & Object enabler

Has anyone had any luck with the 64bit version of the Raster Object enabler that allows you to import *.SID images? The installation of the 64 bit version of the Object Enabler gives me an error saying I don't have permission on my computer. I'm thinking maybe it's because I'm using Win 7 and it may be written for Vista.

Any help is appreciated.
22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
scottrichardson8759
in reply to: wdbar

I am also having NO luck in installing an OE that works. No matter what I try, I will always end up with a .sid file that is "unreadable"
None of the threads here worked for me. I have tried 32 bit OE...I have tried 64 bit OE...nothing. I have Windows 7 on my machine.
Message 22 of 23
wdbar
in reply to: wdbar

First thing I'd do is make sure bothe OE's are uninstalled from (they'll be listed in your Control Panel Program manager).
Then install the 32 bit version of the RASTER OE. The 64 bit does not work for me. The executable will find all the versions of 2009 you are running (Map3d, Civil3d, etc) and install.

You'll be able to data connnect to MrSid files. Using the Mapimport though is different for everyone. In my case I have to click 'continue anyway' after it gives me an error and then presto.....the sid file comes in as an image. Kinda FUBAR but it works.

I'm running Win 7 64 bit w/ Both Civil & Map 3D 2009, 2010 & 2011. The Raster Object Enablers are 32 & 64 bit for each year's release, although the 2011 has not been put out to my knowledge.

Hope it helps and good luck. I know it's frustrating.
Message 23 of 23

Ever since I installed Civil 3D on my Windows 7 64-bit machine, I have not been having luck inserting .sid files. That is until today. Here is what I did:

Control Panel:

Uninstall ALL AutoDesk Civil 3D Object Enablers

Reinstall 32-bit raster_design_2010_oe_32_eng

Run as administrator

This time I had no errors in the installation

I can now import .sid files with no problem. I know this is essentially the same process as the last post, but it did work for me. Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report