Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6-inch Pipe Size not Displaying Correctly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
blenz
877 Views, 3 Replies

6-inch Pipe Size not Displaying Correctly

I think that our file has been corrupted. We tried to adjust the elevation of a 6-inch sewer pipe in the profile and then the display of the pipe went up to a 12-inch, even though the pipe properties still show it as a 6. All the other pipe sizes seem to be working, though we did have a similar problem with 4-inch pipe the day before and fixed it with an audit. Audit does not fix this problem. It seems to apply to all six inch pipes.

The file was created in Civil 3D 2007. We are now using C3D 2012 with SP1. My machine is 64-bit but the other person working in the file has 32-bit.

I have attached the file and the pipe in question is in the sewer network and is named SP B 11.

Is there any hope for this file? Of course this is right as we are trying to meet a deadline.

-Thanks

PS I tried to add the file but was size restricted, then I trimmed the file down to under 1.5 MB and was still size restricted. So any advice here would help as well.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
klugb
in reply to: blenz

Have you tried to swap part on the pipe?

You don't want to change the size in the pipe properties you want to swap to a different size. The style can be anything and really doesn't matter .

I recorded a video:

http://screencast.com/t/KLP2qFj3scms

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 3 of 4
blenz
in reply to: klugb

Bruce - 

I like the video, it is like screen capture on steriods. Is there supposed to be sound?

Yes, we tried the part swap and had your similar results. What did not change was the display of the pipe. Even though we swapped back to the 6-inch the display remained at 12-inch. This was the case in both plan and profile view.

Did you have this same experience?

Sorry for the delayed reponse, we had to redneck the job with polylines to get it out the door and then I got pulled away to other work and have not been back.

Thank you,

-Brian

PS Have you been using Civil 3D2014? Is it stable?

Message 4 of 4
klugb
in reply to: blenz

Yea, it's funny how "standards" become less critical when there is a deadline looming Smiley Surprised

I think your problem is how the parts list was created. You can't have two pipes of the same size in the same part family. It looks like several pipes were added and then the properties changed after-the-fact. I have seen very strange results like this. If a 12" pipe was added then manually changed to a 4" it will still use the original size.

The HDPE pipes should be under their own part family group.

We are having pretty good results with 2014. With SP1 correcting "most" of the corridor section view issues we are pretty happy.

Hope that helps,

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report