AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

joenew$1
Message 1 of 2 (110 Views)

54" Pipe Needed

110 Views, 1 Replies
10-21-2013 06:23 AM

I need 54" Pipe for a water line I am designing but C3D 2013 Pressure Pipes only goes up to 48".

Is there a way to create a 54" Pressure Pipe that behaves the same way that the other Pipes

do in the C3D 2013 Pressure Pipe program?

*Expert Elite*
wfberry
Message 2 of 2 (63 Views)

Re: 54" Pipe Needed

10-21-2013 02:46 PM in reply to: joenew$1

Joe:

I finally go around to trying something.  Here is what I came up with.  The HELP (may it rest in peace) says that we cannot add a size but we can change an existing one.  I can only assume you can do this since I am using 2014.

1.  I opened up the Catalog Editor (You will find this within the START menu under Programs-> Autodesk->Autocad Civil 2013-> Content Catlog Editor.

2.  I used Flanged Piping and picked out a size that I did not need.  Changed all the required information

(I.E., inside diam, wall thickness, outside diam, etc. and made a 54" Pressure Pipe like you wanted.

You need to set the Catalog Current (the one we used above.)

I drew a profile for ONE PIPE, NO Fittings.  Added a second pipe and it seemed to work.  Obviously, the fittings must be changed if you need some.

Bill

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.