Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Water Works

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
271 Views, 4 Replies

3D Water Works

What software is the best fit for large waterworks (plant scale) piping in 3D? Firm that does large aquariums and complex swimming facilities. We need to figure out a solution that allows us to design in 3D so that construction doesn't try to monkey with our design and say things won't fit the way we've designed them. Any input would be helpful. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Civil 3D isn't your product, but Building Systems might be. It's designed for the MEP folks. http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=3290681 -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/1 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2004&5+C3D Troll :a slang term for a person who posts messages without contributory content, simply intended to incite conflict. http://wikipedia.com
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks. Yeah, I'm actually with a reseller; and with Autodesk shut down for the next couple of days, I am hard pressed to find the right information and solution for our client (if Autodesk even has one). Do you know of any firms that might do similar large scale water works or plant design in 3D? Our client works with large diameter piping that has to go above and below ground. The project requires that all of this be in 3D so that the construction crews don't try and alter the design and ask for more money for not following the design in the first place. Do you know of any Third Party software that will do this? Thanks for your help.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Have you thought of PondPack or other Haestad software? Z "taitken" wrote in message news:11928078.1088799584405.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... Thanks. Yeah, I'm actually with a reseller; and with Autodesk shut down for the next couple of days, I am hard pressed to find the right information and solution for our client (if Autodesk even has one). Do you know of any firms that might do similar large scale water works or plant design in 3D? Our client works with large diameter piping that has to go above and below ground. The project requires that all of this be in 3D so that the construction crews don't try and alter the design and ask for more money for not following the design in the first place. Do you know of any Third Party software that will do this? Thanks for your help.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

What pray tell would Pond Pack have to do with designing in 3D? wfb "Zdenko Novkovic" wrote in message news:40eac7e2$1_3@newsprd01... Have you thought of PondPack or other Haestad software? Z "taitken" wrote in message news:11928078.1088799584405.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... Thanks. Yeah, I'm actually with a reseller; and with Autodesk shut down for the next couple of days, I am hard pressed to find the right information and solution for our client (if Autodesk even has one). Do you know of any firms that might do similar large scale water works or plant design in 3D? Our client works with large diameter piping that has to go above and below ground. The project requires that all of this be in 3D so that the construction crews don't try and alter the design and ask for more money for not following the design in the first place. Do you know of any Third Party software that will do this? Thanks for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report