AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
taitken
Message 1 of 5 (124 Views)

3D Water Works

124 Views, 4 Replies
07-01-2004 08:03 PM
What software is the best fit for large waterworks (plant scale) piping in 3D? Firm that does large aquariums and complex swimming facilities. We need to figure out a solution that allows us to design in 3D so that construction doesn't try to monkey with our design and say things won't fit the way we've designed them. Any input would be helpful. Thanks.
*James Wedding
Message 2 of 5 (124 Views)

Re: 3D Water Works

07-02-2004 08:20 AM in reply to: taitken
Civil 3D isn't your product, but Building Systems might be. It's designed for the MEP folks. http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=3290681 -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/1 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2004&5+C3D Troll :a slang term for a person who posts messages without contributory content, simply intended to incite conflict. http://wikipedia.com
Contributor
taitken
Message 3 of 5 (124 Views)

07-02-2004 01:19 PM in reply to: taitken
Thanks. Yeah, I'm actually with a reseller; and with Autodesk shut down for the next couple of days, I am hard pressed to find the right information and solution for our client (if Autodesk even has one). Do you know of any firms that might do similar large scale water works or plant design in 3D? Our client works with large diameter piping that has to go above and below ground. The project requires that all of this be in 3D so that the construction crews don't try and alter the design and ask for more money for not following the design in the first place. Do you know of any Third Party software that will do this? Thanks for your help.
*Zdenko Novkovic
Message 4 of 5 (124 Views)

07-06-2004 08:40 AM in reply to: taitken
Have you thought of PondPack or other Haestad software? Z "taitken" wrote in message news:11928078.1088799584405.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... Thanks. Yeah, I'm actually with a reseller; and with Autodesk shut down for the next couple of days, I am hard pressed to find the right information and solution for our client (if Autodesk even has one). Do you know of any firms that might do similar large scale water works or plant design in 3D? Our client works with large diameter piping that has to go above and below ground. The project requires that all of this be in 3D so that the construction crews don't try and alter the design and ask for more money for not following the design in the first place. Do you know of any Third Party software that will do this? Thanks for your help.
*wfb
Message 5 of 5 (124 Views)

07-06-2004 09:32 AM in reply to: taitken
What pray tell would Pond Pack have to do with designing in 3D? wfb "Zdenko Novkovic" wrote in message news:40eac7e2$1_3@newsprd01... Have you thought of PondPack or other Haestad software? Z "taitken" wrote in message news:11928078.1088799584405.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... Thanks. Yeah, I'm actually with a reseller; and with Autodesk shut down for the next couple of days, I am hard pressed to find the right information and solution for our client (if Autodesk even has one). Do you know of any firms that might do similar large scale water works or plant design in 3D? Our client works with large diameter piping that has to go above and below ground. The project requires that all of this be in 3D so that the construction crews don't try and alter the design and ask for more money for not following the design in the first place. Do you know of any Third Party software that will do this? Thanks for your help.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.