Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d Survey with Arcs not parallel to UCS

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
KalajzichAdam
238 Views, 2 Replies

3d Survey with Arcs not parallel to UCS

Hello every one.

I have recived a 3d survey (very large, very detailed) in native autocad format (vanila autocad). There are a large number of arcs (1000+) with differing 3d points, that is, the arcs are not parallel to the UCS. 

Is it possible to convert the linework into

• feature lines, maintaining all 3d information, then exploding into a 3d Polylines; or
  • convert them to 3d polylines, again maintaining all 3d information.

There are numerious topics about how to fix 3d arcs, by flattening them. This is not a solution in this case. the 3d geometry MUST be maintained. 

Thanks in advance,

Adam.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
doni49
in reply to: KalajzichAdam

Welcome to the forum!

I do not have access to acad at the moment right now.  But you could easily test it by copying one of the arcs somewhere and create a featureline from it.  If the feature line performs the way you want, then you can deletet it and do it for the others.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 3
sboon
in reply to: doni49

I tried some experimenting with this and didn't get very far.  If you pedit an arc that isn't parallel to the UCS you get a polyline - that isn't parallel to the UCS, and you cannot convert that into a 3dpoly or featureline or anything else that would be useful for surface construction.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report