Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Polyline Elevations

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rogersmi87
3585 Views, 2 Replies

3D Polyline Elevations

Hello Everyone,

Basically I am wondering if there is an equivalent of Carlson's edit_pline_3d for civil 3d.

I have a 3d polyline that represents the CL of a road. When I try to explode it to make it more manageable, it turns into about 700 pieces. It would be rather time consuming to try and join all those pieces together into 2d polylines and set the beginnning and ending elevations. If there was a way to set the elvation of the polyline at specific increments that would be great.

I have tried the insert elevation point command, but that is causing lots of problems as well.

I have elevations that I recieved for the alignment that I pulled from Microstation, I just need to figure out how to insert them into the polyline.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johngordon6189
in reply to: rogersmi87

make the 3d polyline a feature line, then you can edit the elevations with the feature line elevation editor.
John Gordon
CAD Manager/Survey Technician

C3D 2018/2020
Microstation
Windows 10
Message 3 of 3
BrianHailey
in reply to: rogersmi87

In addition to the above suggestion, on the MODIFY tab of the ribbon, you'll see several elevation editing tools. Many of them will work on 3D polylines as well as Feature Lines.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report