Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d DWF material render problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
633 Views, 2 Replies

3d DWF material render problem

Hello,

I have an issue exporting my AutoCAD civil 3d model to 3d dwf. I have exported my model to 3d DWF and am viewing it in Navisworks. When the model is viewed in the full render mode the material surface is not in the correct place, it appears to several hundred units (the model is several km2) lower in the Y direction then it should be. In autocad civil 3d when the surface is selected and displayed in the object viewer it is displayed correctly. Is there any reason why this is happening or a workaround to fix it when exporting.

Notes: AutoCAD Civil 3d 2012. Navisworks 2012. Surface render material is a Jpeg. When I originally referenced the Jpeg the surface was mirrored (I understand this is a common problem with the software) and I had to mirror it along the X axis so that the Image was upside down but the material viewed correctly. It is not upside down in the 3d DWF, just moved down.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Peter

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
antoniovinci
in reply to: Anonymous

Sounds like a coords' issue: I think you model is too far away from the UCS origin.

Try to move everything near 0,0 then create the DWF, finally undo all up to previous geographical position.

Message 3 of 3
Ramin-AZ
in reply to: Anonymous

why my picture material very bad for link and look like pixel

and my material picture surface goodphoto_2018-06-18_13-28-56.jpgphoto_2018-06-18_13-29-02.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report