Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d Boudary

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
nikoue
554 Views, 8 Replies

3d Boudary

is there an option or a lisp routine to create a 3d boundary from closed 3d polylines?

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Hotfix 3.
Win 8 pro x64, OCZ RevoDrive 240GB
Intel i7 930, 12 GB Ram, Ati Firepro V7800

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
peterfunkautodesk
in reply to: nikoue

LINEWORKSHRINKWRAP will create a boundary from a group of closed polylines. It will be flat. The problem I see with making a 3D polyline would be: what happens when lines cross. What elevation would be used for the vertex?

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 9
nikoue
in reply to: peterfunkautodesk

I export a civil 3d surface in autocad. Then i convert the 3dfaces to 3dpolylines.

I want to make a boundary using some of these 3dpolys.(i set another layer for pave, gutter and slopes and i want a boundary around of each set)

I try also the bpoly command to create a 2d poly. I explode the 3d polylines to lines and i set all z to 0. But the bpoly command make autocad to crash.

So i need something to work like bpoly but not crash, and if its possible better something to create a 3dpoly from surface 3dpolys.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 9
jmayo-EE

If you have the C3D surfaces use shrinkwrap as Peter suggests and the use the Elevations from Surface command which has a Multiple object selection option on the pline(s). You will be left with 3dpolys.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I need to slow down my typing.

If you have the C3D surfaces use shrinkwrap as Peter suggests and then use the Elevations from Surface command (which has a Multiple object selection option) on the pline(s). You will be left with 3dpolys

That should be a bit easier to read.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
nikoue
in reply to: jmayo-EE

thank you for your answer.

i m close to do what i want.

in a close loop of triangles it create an outside boundary?

Is there an option to create an inside boundary?

Message 7 of 9
jmayo-EE

Copy and convert the inner bounding 3d faces to regions by typing _.region into the command prompt. Select one region and right-click. Choose Select Similar and then type flatten into the command prompt. Now type bo into the command prompt and, because you have lines at constant Z, a 2d boundary can be created. Now apply step one from above to get 3d poly.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
nikoue

thank you very much

Message 9 of 9
nikoue

may i ask you something else?

Is there an option to export for a corridor surface triangles in different layer or color for eatch component e.g different for pave different for slopes etc?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report