Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 a Cautonary Tale - Desktop Application - Take Note

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
MikeEvansUK
178 Views, 0 Replies

360 a Cautonary Tale - Desktop Application - Take Note

All, please be aware I have found the hard way that the 360 site is currently potentially flawed.

The following tale is what I had found out the hard way.

I was invited to a shared project folder by an external consultant, I believe I had the download & update rights. I had the 360 desktop application & Autocad settings to Not Syncronise files (possible out of date application - No Admin Rights).

Regardless I found that the desktop application still syncronised the folders, unfortunatly before I learned this I deleted all the files withiin the 360 folder in windows, this (when it decided to syncronise against my will) deleted all the shared documents regardless of if I owned them or not and on my sites as well as sites hosted by others.

I have posted a bug report & feature request for the 360 system such that:

• A shared user can only delete files owned by themselves & the administrator (site owner) can do anything.
  • More settings as to selective sycronising can be seen & set from the 360 windows "syncronising folder"

As a temporary fix (as I do not have Admin Rights, I have deleted the ADSync.exe file which seems to have corrected the issue.

For more information please see: http://feedback.autodesk.com/cloudservices/topics/deleting_of_data_on_other_users_shared_folder_syst...

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report