Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 LINE PROFILE CURB TRANSITIONS

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jonathan
758 Views, 4 Replies

3 LINE PROFILE CURB TRANSITIONS

Here in south California we use three line road profiles.  If there is a bus pullout or lane transition we show the curb profile based on centerline stationing.  I'm able to generate a the corridor using a transition lane assembly from centerline  and targeting a widened offset alignment or just a feature line.  I can import the corridor curbfeature line into a profile which would be a perfect solution, but it is all trundicated. (i.e. no vertical curves)  I can create a profile of the offset alignement, but the stationing doesn't match centerline.

How can I either generate a nontrunidicated profile from the corridor for my curb profiles?

or

How can create a design profile of a transition/pullout curb line that I can target and plot against centerline stationing?

(Hope that wasn't too confusing.)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: jonathan

Superimpose?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
mathewkol

[How can I either generate a nontrunidicated profile from the corridor for my curb profiles?]

If you're generating profiles from a corridor feature line you cannot create a profile with curves, it will always be "tessellated", for lack of a better word.

[How can create a design profile of a transition/pullout curb line that I can target and plot against centerline stationing?]

Just create the profile in the same view as the road CL.  What I would do is generate the corridor profile then somewhat trace over it with a "real" design profile.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 5
jonathan

If all I had to do was display the profile line super imposing would be fine, unless I'm missing something, but city agencies want to see vertical curve, horizontal geometery points, and grades station and elevation labels.  

Looks like "tracing over" or manually drawing in varying offset alignments may be the only option.  

Message 5 of 5
Joe-Bouza

Yes, tracing would be the way. I misread your post.

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report