Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

2015 - Survey User-Defined Point Classification

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Cadguru42
297 Views, 3 Replies

2015 - Survey User-Defined Point Classification

I think I found a bug in 2015 where our template will not bring in the Survey User-Defined point classification(s). For the past three versions I've had our template setup to read a Survey User-Defined classification for the invert depth and an Expression used in a label that calculates the invert elevation. My Survey User-Defined Classification is called Invert Depth and is in the survey database as an extended properties definition. The value is the measured depth to the bottom invert of a catch basin, manhole, etc. In the template I have an expression that reads this depth and subtracts it from the point's elevation in order to get the invert elevation. This has worked fine since C3D 2012 when I first set this up, but in 2015 it's not working correctly. 

In 2015, under the expression it has a weird, huge value in front of the Point.StructureInvertDepth property. When I erased the part in front of it, I got a warning that the property isn't defined. I looked and noticed that the Survey User-Defined classification is missing. I tried dragging the classification over from an older drawing that works correctly, but it doesn't seem to show up even though it acts like it worked. I've had to create my own, also named Survey User-Defined with a property identically named Invert Depth with the same properties as the older template and it seems to have worked.

It looks like copying the classifications from one drawing/template into another doesn't work like it used to. You have to create them over again.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: Cadguru42

It has been a few months since I installed 2015.

Notice that the Directory structure has changed somewhat. :

<Previous Installation Drive>:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014\ . . . .

<2015 Installation Drive>:      \Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\ . . .

I don't recall what my problem was but I had to go into OPTIONS > Files > SUPPORT FILE SEARCH PATH and set the proper location so Civil 3D could find it.

Bill

Message 3 of 4
Cadguru42
in reply to: wfberry

@wfberry wrote:

It has been a few months since I installed 2015.

Notice that the Directory structure has changed somewhat. :

<Previous Installation Drive>:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014\ . . . .

<2015 Installation Drive>:      \Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\ . . .

I don't recall what my problem was but I had to go into OPTIONS > Files > SUPPORT FILE SEARCH PATH and set the proper location so Civil 3D could find it.

Bill

While the bug on installation not putting the correct path to the parking tools and for the Map support path is known; this is different. Try dragging a point classification from one drawing into another. It'll show up, but won't work correctly and won't stay. You have to manually create the classification and make sure it is named exactly the same as well as any of the properties.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 4 of 4
Cadguru42
in reply to: Cadguru42

Well, it looks like I spoke too soon. This morning I imported some points from a survey database into my template and the label didn't work. When I looked at the Settings>Point>User-Defined Property Classifications I had Survey User-Defined, but two Invert Depth properties. One was the one I created in the template and the second, identically named one, was the one imported automatically when the points were inserted. 

It looks like 2015 has broken the ability to have a template read survey database user-defined classification properties. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report