Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015: Sump depth

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rkmcswain
837 Views, 4 Replies

2015: Sump depth

Not sure if this is an "across the board" bug, but here, in C3D 2015, the default sump depth for pipe network structures defaults to 2.0 regardless of rules in place. Sometimes there is an error message involved. The manual fix described here works (replacing the 2015 DLL file with the 2014 version).

However, after applying C3D 2015 SP2, the manual fix is overwritten and the new DLL file suffers from the same problem as before (rules are ignored).

You must go back and manually replace the 2015 DLL file (C3DPipeNetworkRules.dll) with the 2014 version after you apply SP2

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BrianHailey
in reply to: rkmcswain

Hey R.K.,

I'm not seeing this at all. I created a parts list, added two structures, each with a different rule set applying a different sump. When I created the parts, they appear to honor the rule. Am I missing something?

I'm using Civil 3D 2015 installed from the Ulitmate Suite with Service Pack 2 installed.

VIDEO

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 5
BrianHailey
in reply to: BrianHailey

And, just to double check, I went into the structure property and you can see the sump is set to 0.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 5
rkmcswain

Hence my first sentence... Smiley Wink

All I know is that upon deployment of 2015 here, users started getting the error message [Unable to run macro for "C3DPipeNetworkRules.dll"], which eventually led me to the KB article, but not before my reseller alerted me to the "fix" of replacing the file ("C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2015\enu\C3DPipeNetworkRules.dll") from the 2014 install.

Users were getting this error message and the rules regarding sump depth were being ignored (it was being set to 2.0' instead of 0.5')

We applied that "fix" (or replacing the dll file) maybe 3 months ago and everything went back to working fine

Fast forward to this week after deploying 2015 SP2, and now everyone's sump depth is being set to 2.0' instead of 0.5' (but without the above mentioned error message). The 2014 "dll" was eveidently overwritten by SP2. Replacing it again with the 2014 version makes everything work again (sump depth obeys the rule of 0.5')

Thanks for any input!

Message 5 of 5
rkmcswain

Couldn't remember his forum name to give credit earlier...but it was @ToddRogers-WPM who got me that fix.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report