Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 profile manhole Bug

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1066 Views, 7 Replies

2015 profile manhole Bug

Does anyone have this issue with profile manholes is 2015 ( See attachment)?  We have notice that when dealing with shallow manholes they don't appear correct in the profile view (manhole 2 should look like manhole 1). I have tryied this in other versions of C3D 2012-2014 with no problems, but in 2015 it will not show the manholes correct if they are less than 4.5 feet from rim to sump height.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DMFACER
in reply to: Anonymous

I can confirm this issue as we have seen similar issues with shallow manhole display in 2015. We can also confirm that it works fine in 2014. We submitted a Helpdesk ticket to our reseller, who escalated it to Autodesk, but we have not been provided with a solution or workaround.

"The most dangerous phrase in the language is 'We've always done it this way.'" - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper
Message 3 of 8
dorianf3

Have you been able to resolve this?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: dorianf3

Unfortunately not. Maybe with a service pack or 2016.

Message 5 of 8
cwitzel

This is not a Bug.  This is an issue with the structure.  The structure is unable to draw when the depth is very shallow.  You may be able to edit the structure to allow a lower cone height.

We have done this on Inlet/Catch Basin structures to allow for shallow inlets.  The issue we have had with the conical structure is the cone height, inlets are easier to modify as they are square and don't have to draw the cone.  For shallow manholes you may consider using a different structure.  

The issue with edit the cone height is whether it is a structure in the real world.

My two cents.

Conan Witzel

Civil 3d 2015

Rocking BOXX

Thanks,
Conan Witzel
Civil 3d 2021 SP1.1
Smoking BOXX Apex 2 Workstation
Message 6 of 8
DMFACER
in reply to: cwitzel

I agree that this is an issue with the structure, and we have attempted to modify the cone height and other parameters to make the structure render correctly in profile view, but have been unsuccessful.  

So, although I agree that this may not be a "bug", the issue is that using the same catalog and structures in Civil 3D 2014 and earlier did not cause this issue, regardless of the structure height.  This is new to 2015, and it would be great to get an explaination as to why this changed from earlier versions, or even better, have it changed back to the way it was.

"The most dangerous phrase in the language is 'We've always done it this way.'" - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper
Message 7 of 8
cwitzel
in reply to: DMFACER

Maybe behaviour has changed?  In the past I seem to remember that it would stick the top up in the air to achieve the minimum structure height.  Now at least the, conical structure, will show the rim at the surface, but is unable to draw below the cone.  This could be the change between versions.

I have also tried to edit the conical structure and have basically given up.  No I just use the rectangular structures.   But this has been true for a couple of versions.

Thanks,

Conan Witzel

Thanks,
Conan Witzel
Civil 3d 2021 SP1.1
Smoking BOXX Apex 2 Workstation
Message 8 of 8
dorianf3

I got it to work by using flat top type manholes, ( the ones without the
cone section on top)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report