Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 - New Corridor Point Labels

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Cadguru42
243 Views, 2 Replies

2015 - New Corridor Point Labels

Has anyone successfully used the new option to create corridor point labels? I followed the steps in the help file (http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/Civil3D-UserGuide/files/GUID-08839F9F-F96B-47E3-84DE-4A7...), but that didn't seem to work. Everything seems fine until the last step. When I use the command CorridorSectionLabelsConvert on my existing section views and switch to the corridor point style labels, all my labels disappear. If I switch back to the code set style labels they come back, but the new corridor point labels don't show anything. 

Here's what they look like with the "old" method using the code set styles.

code_set_section_label_working.png

When I turn on the corridor point style labels, this is what I get.

corridor_point_section_label_fail.png

Also, none of the staggering seems to be working. It's set as you can see below.

section_label_set_stagger.png

I'm at a loss on what's going on. Am I missing something or is this another Autodesk fail?

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
LeafRiders
in reply to: Cadguru42

I assume that if you go to edit the style and check the layer settings that the layers are turned on. Along with the assigned layer itself being on and unfrozen for the components that aren't showing up?

Message 3 of 3
Cadguru42
in reply to: LeafRiders

@LeafRiders wrote:

I assume that if you go to edit the style and check the layer settings that the layers are turned on. Along with the assigned layer itself being on and unfrozen for the components that aren't showing up?

Yes, the layers for the corridor point labels are on the same layers as the code set label styles.

Here's some even more confusing issues I've had with this. I reset the defaults to go back to the "old" code set label styles and also updated the existing cross section views to the "old" method. Everything looks fine. The weird part is that I created a new sample line group and when I created the section views for those, the corridor point label style was used and worked, even though the defaults are back to using the code set style. I ran the CorridorSectionLabelsConvert command and switched them back to the code set style labels, but it's confusing as to why it worked on a new sample line set, but not an existing one.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report